The following Terms of Service apply to any user of online services from The Serial Port including web hosting, email hosting, email forwarding, Internet access, shell login, and related services.
- Illegal Activity: We do not tolerate any illegal activity on our servers, including but not limited to hacking, phishing, fraud, or distributing malware. Any user found engaging in illegal activity will have their account immediately terminated and reported to the relevant authorities.
- Copyright Infringement: We take copyright infringement seriously and comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If we receive a DMCA notice regarding copyrighted material hosted on our servers, we will immediately remove the material and inform the user. If the user repeatedly violates copyright laws, we will terminate their account.
- General Internet Abuse: We expect all of our customers to behave in a responsible and respectful manner when using our services. This includes not engaging in spamming, phishing, or any other behavior that is harmful to others or violates the terms of our ISP. Any customer found to be abusing our services will have their account terminated.
- Responsibility: We are not responsible for any loss or damage that may result from using our services. Customers are responsible for maintaining their own backups and ensuring that their content is legal and does not infringe on any copyright laws.
- Inflammatory Content: We do not permit the hosting of any content that promotes racism, hatred, discrimination, or any other form of inflammatory or offensive content. Any customer found to be hosting such content will have their account terminated immediately.
- Resource Abuse: We expect our customers to use our resources responsibly and not abuse them. Customers may not use our services to engage in activities that generate an excessive load on our servers or networks, such as running scripts or programs that consume excessive amounts of CPU, memory, or bandwidth. Customers found to be abusing our resources may have their account suspended or terminated, with or without notice, at our sole discretion.
- Personal Use: Our services are intended for personal use only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Additionally, our hosting plans are not designed for high-traffic websites or applications, and we reserve the right to limit or suspend any account that is found to be consuming excessive resources or impacting the performance of our servers.
- No Uptime: Given the nature of providing services from retro hardware and software, there will be outages. We do not guarantee uptime or provide a Service Level Agreement (SLA). Our services are provided on an “as is” basis, and we do not provide technical support.
- Termination: We reserve the right to terminate any customer’s account at any time, without notice, for any reason, including but not limited to violation of our terms of service.
Thank you for taking the time to read and adhere to these terms of service.